Old 22-12-2006, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Happy Christmas

On 22/12/06 22:46, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote

snip
Ouch. Supposedly it was 7C here today and that was quite enough, thank
you.
Luckily we had no wind but the fog, which stayed here all day, was
extremely
localised

snip

It's this high pressure system we have at the moment, it's pushing the moist
air down to the ground so hills etc get clear skys and sun whilst valleys
get thick cold fog (frost pockets!). What we need is a bit of wind to blow
it away but that won't happen until the high pressure moves away.

No more wind, thanks! It would be so nice to have mild, calm weather that
didn't hit any extremes for a while!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk