Old 22-12-2006, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default STARLINGS

In message
, John
McMillan writes
In article ,
Josie wrote:

Having just remarked on the unusual lack of Starlings at this time of
year, I had a single solitary one visit the fat balls this week.

Slightly off topic but I can highly recommend the exhibition
"A bitter draught; the starling and slavery" at Shandy Hall, Coxwold
North Yorks. "sundays until january 2007"

There seem to be more starlings this year than last, though nowhere near
as many as when I was little. Mum would let us go out to play "until
the starlings fly over" and then we'd to go in to tea: the flocks were
too big to miss, even for a little kid absorbed in a game.

The starlings here say they don't know anything about slavery, and they
think that might've been blackbirds.

--
Sue ];(