Old 23-12-2006, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default The Lost Secrets of Growing Magical Orchids

If it is about magical ones I hope they have a chapter on surviving them.
That would be helpful

I figured he/she meant "enchanting", but if the author really means magical
I would say avoid them, although the difference in this case is one of
degree only. The magical ones are devious and they can't be trusted but
that sentiment is personal and requires a rather long explanation. I am not
altogether sure that their power comes from a wholly 'good' source. This
also applies to the merely enchanting ones as almost everyone in this
newsgroup might suspect. On the up side they can repot themselves, apply
their own pesticide, and actually *Curse* anyone who tries to remove their
tag from their pot, which can be somewhat amusing as long as it is not you
who tries to remove it or is considered to the pest.

"Steve" wrote in message
To be fair, no other book will teach you how to grow -magical- orchids.

Hocus pocus, Presto--Changeo! Alakazam!

J. Del Col

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I first read it. I decided that
growing regular orchids is challenging enough. I'm not ready to try the
magical ones. :-)

Steve