Old 23-12-2006, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default Happy Christmas

June Hughes wrote:

And I was dripped on in the park this morning. Freezing drops of water
right down the back of my neck --
June Hughes

I was buying oysters yesterday in a tent outside the fish shop,I was
drenched by the time I left the tent, it dripped all over me and by the
time I got to the sack of lemons, I thought it was raining.

It was minus 5 at 9a.m. this morning, the sun is shining and although
it is bitterly cold, it looks beautiful. There is snow on at Super
Besse and we will all be there on the 29th for skiing, except me that
is. I will be sipping at hot wine and looking at my family swooping
all over the place. If I fall, I cannot get up these days, old age and
a bit of osteoporosis and osteo-arthritis have seen to that but I am
very happy to sit in an hotel, sipping warm spiced wine and looking out
at the slopes, much less demanding and at least my gold slippers don't
get wet.

Happy Christmas everyone.