Old 24-03-2003, 12:20 PM
oldal4865

Default weeds?

HI HI- wrote in message ...
when you say hand weeding is this pulling them up by hand? i do that yet
they seem to be popping up all over the place now...

Leave any roots, and back they come. Also, many propagate by air-born
seeds.

I use a broad leaf herbicide and a hand spray bottle. I squirt each weed.
I would prefer to use a hose attachment and cover the whole yard but we have
kids on either side of us so it's weed by weed.

It's bothersome the first year, but after you knock down the initial crop,
you can get by with greatly reduced maintenance spraying in subsequent
years. The hand sprayer seems like a lot of trouble but it's faster than
you think, especially in later years.

Regards
Old Al