Old 23-12-2006, 11:26 PM posted to austin.gardening
Austinman Austinman is offline

Default Blue Grama and Buffalo Grass

Hi,

I am in the process of renovating our back yard. The St Augustine has been
removed due to the lack of shade and shallow soil depth. The only way I
could keep it green was to water it every day for 30 minutes (and you wonder
why Lake Travis is low). I am considering seeding with a mixture of Buffalo
and Blue Grama grass seed. Does any one in the newsgroup have a lawn using
this grass combination? If so can you give feedback on looks, maintenance
issues, mowing etc. Also, if you are in the Austin area can my wife I come
and look at your Blue Grama/St Augustine lawn?

Thanks,

Austinman.