Old 24-12-2006, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default Can You Store Apples in an Open Barn?

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 19/12/06 17:30, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

snip

You have got me worried, I usually store mine in the shed, individually
wrapped in newspaper, and so far, thank goodness, I haven't noticed any
trouble, but I will go out in the morning to check them!

If your shed has a door, Alan, I am sure they will be OK, unless of
course rats or mice eat through the floor.

Rats eat through anything, mice get through a hole small enough to take e.g.
a candle.
--

Yes indeed and cause a lot of damage to stored crops very quickly. This
is why Bob Flowerdew recommends an old dead freezer or fridge for

Janet G