Old 24-12-2006, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Christmas Produce

George.com wrote:
: What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?
:
: I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions
: and carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy
: across the road.
:
: Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as
: is the kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.
:
: Happy Festivus to all.
:
: rob

Parsnips, sprouts (the best for years), onions. Potatoes have been eaten
already! I am hoping for better carrots next year as I have built a raised
compartment about two feet high and according to the 'Big Dig' and others
the fly does not get up to these giddy heights. We shall see