Old 24-12-2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default "Perfect" lawns are hideous

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:49:38 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

I have in the far past lived near citys that your landscaping was a major
part of the citys codes, in otherwords, if you din't have a good lawn with
some flower beds you faced a fine from the city. I ran a lawn service and
servered many of those lawns. Ofcourse for flower beds I'd build a line of
rose bushs along some hidden watering lines. I kow of one guy who's lawn I
just once a week took a water hose and washed it off, it was all astroturf
and the city didn't like it but could't do anything about it.

My city has regulations, but they do not include a demand for a lawn.
If one does have a lawn it is nice to keep it mowed even if it's only
tons of weeds.