Old 24-12-2006, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default Christmas Produce

"George.com" wrote in message
What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?

I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions and
carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy across
the
road.

Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as is the
kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.

Happy Festivus to all.

rob

Sprouts, purple sprouting broccoli, kale, parsnips, carrots, potatoes,
onions, jerusalem artichokes and leeks. In various combinationsover the
holiday, but I'm a lover of meat and 5 veg type meals. By way of salads
beetroot, red mustard, celery and spring onions with stored apples. Don't
really do much out of season stuff until hungry gap.

Gill M