Old 25-12-2006, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Happy Christmas

June Hughes wrote:

We live at the top of a hill, which is the highest point in London, and
we have had a great deal of freezing fog in the last couple of days.
Not too bad today. Happy Christmas.

We live pretty high up in Yorkshire yet have had no fog at home at all, fog
in every direction we have driven out of Leyburn but none in Leyburn itself,
strange. I drove up to the Tan Hill Inn (the highest pub in England, about
20 miles away) yesterday. The fog got thicker and thicker the further I
drove from home, the grass on the verges got more and more covered in frost
as I drove higher into the moors, then magically I came out above the fog
into glorious sunshine. If only I had taken the camera, the views were
fantastic looking down onto a level sea of fog with the odd hill, island
like, sticking up. I did take a couple with my phone but the quality is just
not up to the job.

Happy Christmas and a prosperous, healthy new year to all

Mike