Old 27-12-2006, 12:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_4_] Jonno[_4_] is offline

Default Pond algae

Potaroo wrote:
Fishlover asked this a time back.
"Has anybody tried Phoslock for getting rid of green algae in
fishponds?"

Well after reading the various responses in particular the one about Hay, I
drove down a dirt track in the Hawkesbury and cut some wild oat hay.
Obvoiously seeded from passing trucks. Didn't know how much but I tied 3
bundles about 9" long half as thick as my wrist. The surface area is approx
2 square metres with various depths from beach to 60cm. It was pea green,
bloody awful. Seven days have apassed and I can now see the various depths.
Magic! Still has a bit to go but I have no doubt it is working.
It has a couple of small Koi, haundreds of relocated small river fish and 4
frogs. About a thousand taddies in smal buckets about the garden; spawn
taken prior to a smorgasbord for fish.

Cheers.

I told you so! Regards and happy it works for you.
Used to have trouble with my swimming pool and found this out, but it
didnt do much for my swimming pool, as I didnt try it.
Never use chemicals when its possible to use your head...And ask. The
Internet is like a large intelligence, and we can all pool our
knowledge...PS hadnt tried it but it stuck, and also saw various farm
dams with bales of hay on the sides. Then it clicked...You BEAUTY.
Nature knows best... PS Nice of you to get back to us, it verifies what
we believed.