Old 27-12-2006, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default mistletoe propogation

"Robert" wrote in message
JennyC wrote:
: "JWBH" wrote in message
: ...
:: is it possible to propogate mistletoe from a sprig of it please?
:
: You can try smearing the seeds onto tree branches...... there was a
: bit about it on gardeners world last week. Takes a while to get going
: and I seem to recall that some type of trees are better than others.
: anyone know which trees are best?
:
: Jenny

I think it was on apple trees in that programme

I have been told that the type of tree the stuff is harvested off will be
the one most likely for it to germinate on. (although how it knows before it
germinates goodness only knows)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk