Old 27-12-2006, 04:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran[_2_] Gail Futoran[_2_] is offline

Default rec.ponds discussions during December (was Blocking senders)

"Tristan" wrote in message
Sorry Ron...Its only been your so called moderators thats been posting
here and a well known asshole named Carol aka Rebulon and about all
they can feel free to find and do is talk about who and why they will
ban someone or practice their poonk ability.....You would really think
those ****wads would be seeding the group instead of diligently
talking about how and who to ban for what..dogs killings, cat and
kitten killings etc etc etc.....bunch of freaking losers you got there
Ron, rec.ponds.moderated is gona be a big hit,,,,I am sure....and y
can dam sure tell that none of those that replied to my one post knows
a dam thing about a natrual or large pond......and thats a
given......and I for one am not gonna be thier teacher.....

There have been several on-topic discussions in
recent weeks, with participation by some of the
proposed rec.ponds.moderated moderators.
This includes several recent posts by Tristan
himself, with friendly responses by several of
the RPM moderators. For example, see the
threads:

(1) "The new 3.5+ acre pond is now full" first
posted by Tristan, Dec. 23, 2006, with friendly
moderators - among others posting in that thread.

(2) "Thanks for inviting me to join your
group", first posted by Cathy Dec. 13,
2006 about irises and daylilies, with an
initial friendly and appropriate response
from Tristan.

(3) "Re; My earlier post 'Koi heads off'"
by garyjohn_99 from the UK regarding a
neighbor's pond fish attacked by mink,
posted Nov. 29 with discussion continuing
into December.

I haven't done (nor will I personally do) a
formal traffic analysis, but my sense of the
discussion in the past month is that there has
been the usual (small) percentage of on-topic
posts that has been the case in the past two
years, especially considering the Holiday season
when people are busy with family and friends
and vacations, and that winter is usually a time
when rec.ponds is least active anyway.

Many of the posts to rec.ponds during this
December have concerned the proposed
rec.ponds.moderated, which may be
off-topic in some strict sense of the word,
but I don't know where else it would have
been most appropriate to discuss the creation
of a new ponding newsgroup, especially
during the buildup to the RFD.

Gail