Old 27-12-2006, 06:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default Blocking senders

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 19:46:11 -0400, Derek Broughton
wrote:

Kill your oldest what? What kind of dog is the youngest? ~ jan

The old girl was a miniature schnauzer - 13 1/2 and in decline. Not quite
what I'd call old age, but showing her years. The young one is a German
Shorthaired Pointer - not supposed to be aggressive at all.

Okay, got it. Oldest ....dog.... 13 1/2 isn't too terribly old for a mini.
Our mini poodle mix made it to 16+, and probably could have lasted longer
health wise, but her dementia, almost totally blind & deaf, and arthritic
she was a danger to herself and us. Black dog, dark carpet, dark room and
she always laid in the path. So we had to make the decision. :-(

After going thru various pets while the kids were growing up, we're down to
just fish, easy fish. Easier to self doctor, easier to put down and easier
to replace (self generating even).... Unfortunately they're lousy for
cuddling. ~ jan