Old 27-12-2006, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default mistletoe propogation

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:
snip
... it 'takes' best if one puts it on
the same type of tree from whence it came - ie apple to apple,
birch to birch, whatever.

Though not sure how one knows on which sort of tree the shop
bought Mistletoe was originally growing .....

----
I remember being told that before pressing a Mistletoe berry into
the bark, it is always a good idea to first wound the underside of
the tree branch, as doing so ensures a greater germinating success.
I have often tried germinating mistletoe on old apple trees without
any success. If I had succeeded, it seems that I would not have
had any fruit for the first six to seven years.

MikeCT