Old 27-12-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default mistletoe propogation

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:31:38 +0000
Sacha wrote:

On 27/12/06 08:31, in article , "Robert"
wrote:

JennyC wrote:
: "JWBH" wrote in message
: ...
:: is it possible to propogate mistletoe from a sprig of it please?
:
: You can try smearing the seeds onto tree branches...... there was a
: bit about it on gardeners world last week. Takes a while to get going
: and I seem to recall that some type of trees are better than others.
: anyone know which trees are best?
:
: Jenny

I think it was on apple trees in that programme

They're the traditional association. But you see absolutely masses of
mistletoe on trees in northern France and I think - from memory - that those
are probably poplars.

Ack. In this part of Normandy it is a plague in the apple orchards. Can't
say on the north side of the Seine. Can't imagine wanting more of the
stuff. Convenient over the hols though.

I have seen some in poplars but not maybe as endemic. We have some growing
in the Lime (Tilia) also.

-E
--
Emery Davis