Old 28-12-2006, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Club root

Jim S wrote:
: I have a friend who tells me he has club root on his allotment.
: I haven't grown the cabbage family for over 5 years now, but when I
: did there were various powders that could be made into pastes to
: alleviate the problem. I assume things have moved on so what are the
: current palliatives for this?

I put a handful of lime in the planting hole, having raised the plants in
fresh compost to give them a good start. Also good plot rotation helps to
ensure the club root does not affect plants so badly, although once it's in
the soil it takes many years for it to go.

www.rraa.moonfruit.com