Old 28-12-2006, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_2_] Sally Thompson[_2_] is offline

Default OT New flower

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:50:29 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

We have a new flower in our garden - baby grand daughter born to my dil and
son today at 0958. Mother and babe doing fine, son hugely relieved,
grandmother a tad emotional!

Congrats to the proud grandmother, who naturally must have done all the work!
A plea on behalf of the babe from another birthday-near-Christmas babe g.
At future birthdays, please separate the two events. Christmas babes suffer
badly by such things as: getting birthday presents in Christmas wrapping, a
single card saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday", one present, and
just a blurring of the two. My son also has a near-Christmas birthday
(Christmas Eve - you would think I would have known better!) and I was always
very careful with him to have a birthday with birthday cake, birthday
wrapping paper etc, quite separate from Christmas. He did get very confused
when small and asked why there were no candles on the Christmas cake since he
had had candles on his birthday cake the day before, and after all it was
Jesus's birthday, wasn't it. I found it a difficult philosophical question
to answer, especially after several Christmas drinksg.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk