Old 28-12-2006, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] robertharvey@my-deja.com is offline

Default Tools

Veggielorna wrote:

Hiya

Thanks for all the great replies.

I live in Stockport, Cheshire which is not too cold but definately
damp!!!

I am really looking forward to growing my own veg - feel much more
confident now that I know that a green house isn't a "must have"

I do have an old table in the garden so I am gonna try the old table
legs in pudding basins of water trick - thanks for the tip.

A simple wooden frame and a bit of plastic can give some shelter - a
sort of instant cloche - if you don't want to start them on window
sills.