Old 28-12-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default OT Outlook Express

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Check your User Name is still correct, it's case sensitive I believe,

I have copied and pasted it from the email as well as trying it direct, its
not that (unless they have changed it and not told me!)

and
then delete the remembered password and re-enter the correct one.

Done that as well but no joy

Let us know if this doesn't cure it.

Just found this on their site, hope it helps...
Errors ...

a.. 0x800CCC0D CANT_FIND_HOST Cannot locate server
b.. 0x800CCC0F CONNECTION_DROPPED Connection closed

... both occur when your computer cannot establish or maintain a

connection
to the email server.

If you get either of these errors, please firstly check the relevant

Service
Status page - Broadband or Narrowband - as they can occur if our mail

server
is not working properly.

The service page has something about maintainance on the 7th of Dec but I
was ok untill the 20th

If there are no reported problems on the Service Status pages, you will

need
to establish that your email settings are correct:

Outlook Express (PC)
Outlook Express (Mac)
Outlook

I am sure that it cant be the above I have checked it all so many times now

Once you have done this, you should check the settings of any Anti-Virus

or
Firewall software on your computer (Norton Anti-Virus, Zone Alarm or
similar).

I was suspicious of the firewall when changing to broadband and getting the
network up and running, so I uninstalled it, as the hub has its own which is
still running.
Yesterday I tried uninstalling the virus checker and redoing all the mail
settings, no joy, so its not that.

You need to configure your Firewall/Anti-virus software to allow access to
the following files:

a.. For Outlook Express: Msimn.exe
b.. For Outlook: Outlook.exe

If this problem persists, please refer to the supplier of your Anti-virus

or
Firewall software.

--
Regards
Bob H

Many thanks for giving up your time to try and help

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk