Old 28-12-2006, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default OT Outlook Express

"Robert" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham wrote:
: Way off topic but this is driving me nuts!
: Having huge problems with connecting to pop3 mail servers (not just
: one particular one). and its affecting both computers.
: Anyone who has any thoughts on what can suddenly cause this and what
: to do about it, I would be delighted to hear from them!
: Sending emails and newsgroups are unaffected.
: I have tried deleting and redoing the accounts, this is the error
: message I get. (the fault is constant on this account, but
: intermittent on another)
:
: The host 'pop3.btconnect.com' could not be found. Please verify that
: you have entered the server name correctly. Account:
: 'pop3.btconnect.com', Server: 'pop3.btconnect.com', Protocol: POP3,
: Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
: 0x800CCC0D

Try ticking the box 'My server requires authentication' under
options/accounts. I had a similar problem with BT although not with
BTConnect. When I upgraded they changed my default mail so that it would
show that it was genuinely from my email

Yes its ticked as per their instructions, its very frustrating as all was
well for 3 months! my original email is still working fine!!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk