Old 28-12-2006, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Albizia Julibrissin Rosea flowering in England ?

On 28 Dec 2006 09:58:46 -0800
"DavePoole Torquay" wrote:

[]
I grew Lagerstroemia (Crepe Myrtle) with very mediocre success outside
in the Midlands where it suffered varying degrees of die-back in winter
and never managed to flower. That was in the '70's. A few years ago,
Sacha & Ray gave me a flowering plant of the lilac-mauve variety 'La
Mousseline' after a trip to France and it has grown very well here.
Admittedly flowering has been sporadic and on a couple of occasions it
has failed to flower at all. I decided earlier this year that it had
become far too 'gangly' and was in desperate need of a hard prune. It
responded by growing far more vigorously than ever before and flowered
prolifically in August and September. I'm sure it can cope with winter
cold, but it needs lots of summer heat if it is to perform well. This
year we had plenty of that and the Lagerstroemia responded accordingly.
[]

Thanks much, that's noted!

Now where's that bottle of Taylors '85 gone? Oops - Ido toda!

Hmm, not the same pedigree, but I did just have a nice glass of
Taylor's 10 year...

-E

--
Emery Davis