Old 29-12-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Frangapani

wheres_slick2 wrote:
Hi I was hoping someone could tell me if i cut the smallest branch off a
Frangapani tree how do I start a new tree from that, it is the softer
twig/branch that 7 or so smaller twigs come off which all have flowers,
Ive been told that it can be done by planting straight into soil. or
does it have to be one of the larger branches(harder ones) is there
more to it than that? I presume so! Thanx for your help.
scotty

We've had great luck just placing directly in potting soil (not
dirt/garden soil) but making certain not to overwater as it could rot
and also not physically disturbing it as the little hair-like roots can
break off. I think a lot of people root in water first. And some sources
claim the broken end must dry out first.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)