Old 30-12-2006, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
W. Clinton Terry W. Clinton Terry is offline

Default Sticky substance from palenopsis

I have a couple of palenopsis that are secreting a sticky substance from the
middle of their leaves. It something like tree sap. If left alone,
eventually some scale like insects appear on the edge of the leaves. There
may be no relationship between these insects and the secretion. Unlike other
scale with which I am familiar, these appear wet. When you crush them there
is a lot of moisture involved. Other scales I have seen and treated are dry
and harder. Can anyone give me an idea what is happening. I have sprayed
with an Ortho Oil spray to no avail.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Clinton Terry