Old 30-12-2006, 06:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Winston Smith Winston Smith is offline

Default Backyard floods

Rule #1 - Water seeks out its own level. You either have to change the
slope of the yard or reroute the water away from the spot. In general,
there are no simple fixes when it comes to drainage problems. Think big and
fix it right the first time. Otherwise, you'll be revisiting this dilemma
every time it rains.

wrote in message
When it rains, my backyard floods. I believe the house (recently
purchased) has the subpump pushing the water out to the back of the
yard, and this is where it floods. The ground does slope inwards to
this spot (both sides, so its like a v, but not too steep). Any ideas
on how to prevent the flooding/fix it? Remove the pipe is probably
not realistic, and I am assuming there is a way to fix this with dirt.
I have a buddy who offered me red dirt to fill the area to level it
off. Will this work/help? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marc