Old 31-12-2006, 03:39 AM
restrorob restrorob is offline
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Tech
Hi Restrob, By now you must think ""Oh what does he want now"" When
you see me write you. I managed to get the pull start to work and got
her started. Now I checked the crank for play while the recoil was off
and no play. However I am going to fling this saw off a wall soon. I
replaced that screen you told me about while the saw was apart for the
pull starter and she started up running great however a few moments
later she started to hesitate on high r,p,m engagement so I tinkered
once again with the fuel settings and she is more responsive to fuel
mixture tinkering and stalls much quicker BUT she is having so much
trouble when I pull up on the trigger for high r,p,m's she dogs and I
adjust and move mixture only say an 1/8 of a turn either way and one
way she stalls almost instantly and the other she loads and stalls.
Her idle mixtures are even more sensitive and she was never so
sensitive. Any idea's any thoughts is appreciated.

OK, Have you replaced the spark plug since you have been adjusting the carb. so much ? Is it still white looking ? Do you have a in-line spark tester ? Did you replace the carb. mount gasket ? Did you get the gasket on right where the small hole aligned with the impulse hole in the cylinder ? Close both the low speed and hi speed adjustment screws. Open the low speed one turn and leave it, Open the high speed 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns then start it up and try adjusting the high speed only at this point. Opening is richening closing is leaning, If you get the high speed adjusted properly go back to the low speed and fine tune it. A lean low speed (Screwed in too far) with cause a bog on throttle up.
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki