Old 24-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Frank Mamone

Default DIY CO2 Mixtu A definitive Answer?

Interesting. So you have alot more total yeast that way.

What type of bubble rate are you getting?

"Phil Dietz" wrote in message
m...
"Frank Mamone" wrote in message

Phil,

Are you using a homemade bottle and what is you bubble rate and recipe

you
use?

I use the Hagen CO2 bottle. I use a semi-standard recipe:
fill 1st line with sugar
put in 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pour in proofed yeast starter
dump in 1/4 teaspoon of wine yeast
fill to next line with warm water
(dont shake)

For proofed yeast starter:
stir 1/4 teaspoon of quick-activing yeast in a 1/4 cup warm water
that has 1 TBS sugar in it. Let it stand until its foamy on top.

I found that using wine-yeast alone is "hard to start" and "fizzles"
after a few days. So I mix in quick-rise bread yeast.

My last batch lasted about 1 month which is comparable to those
special packets one can buy from Hagen.

I might try the Jello recipe next time.