Old 24-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Pam

Default Kiwi?

JNJ wrote:

All -- Somewhere I picked up that there is a variety of Kiwi that is hardy
to Zone 4. I'm up in Zone 6a and would like to find some varieties I can
plant up here. Anyone have any suggestions?

James

Arctic kiwi, Actinidia kolomitka, is hardy to zone 3. The male plant is
particularly attractive, with bright pink and cream variegation that looks
like paint splashes. Regular hardy kiwi, Actinidia arguta, is reputed hardy
through zone 5. These are not the kiwis one finds in the supermarket - they
are small, grape-sized fruits that are very sweet. You will need a male and
at least one female plant to produce fruit. They are available at Raintree:
http://www.raintreenursery.com/

pam - gardengal