Old 31-12-2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
unknown[_1_] unknown[_1_] is offline

Default brown goopy stuff on petals

In article 02,
Dusty wrote:

If the flower looks eaten then its snail or slug poop. get some slug killer
that has iron phosphate as it's non toxic and really does the job.

dang. if i've got slugs on my windowsill in my living room, i am in
DEEP trouble. (i did have a slug in a pot once...) i cut the
affected flowers off just to be on the safe side; will have to see if it
spreads. may have to yank that one out of the pot *again* if it's got
critters...

--j_a