Old 31-12-2006, 09:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H Linda H is offline

Default frost question

Farm1 wrote:

One thing worth
remembering is that often it's not the frost that does the damage but
the thawing. By that I mean that a plant can be smothered in frost
but if it thaws out without the sun hitting it, it will often be OK
but if the sun hits it before about 10.00am then often it will be
badly damaged.

Ahh, now that is very interesting. And surprising. I would have done
it all wrong in the thinking that the sooner the sun thaws it the better
- and been worse off.

Hey, thanks for that very handy bit of info.