Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
mm[_1_] mm[_1_] is offline

Default Backyard floods

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:08:09 -0500, mm
wrote:

I too have thought one could just put in dirt until the land was
higher than the water table, but I've never been able to verify this
myself, nor have I asked anyone reliable.

Replying to myself, I guess the big question I had about this is,
assuming extra dirt in the right place would dry it out, how quickly
could you put on the dirt without killing the grass? Or would that be
impossible?

I mean, if you sprinkled a half inch of dirt on an area, would the
grass just grow longer, and then a half inch more the next month? And
so on until the hill was the right height? Or would grass die if the
rhizomes? were an inch farther below the top of the soil? Or two
inches?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)