Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default straw bale garden update +

gardenlen wrote:

g'day friends,

we hope all had a very merry season and a happy new year to come.

anyhow we have added more pics of the straw garden to date plus some
general shots around the garden environ'.

we hope you get the time to look and enjoy as we enjoy the giving.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/straw_bale_garden.htm

Very impressive!

A friend of mine has a straw bale garden which I helped him set
up in 2003 (when I could still bend over without pain). He
used wheat straw and the bales lasted two seasons. After his
last 2004 harvest, he turned it into a compost bin for the
winter and built a new garden in 2005.

Your yard is a fairly decent size. 740 m^2 translates into
almost 8000 ft^2 or about 60' x 133'. From where are you
filling these 5000 gallon water tanks?

You have a great deal of fencing as do your neighbors. Are
these to keep roos out? Do you have a rabbit problem?

Where in OZ are you?

Dick