Old 01-01-2007, 07:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Ping Otterbot

"Terryc" wrote in message

om.au...
Farm1 wrote:
Kylie

I meant o put in a link to the Green Harvest sprinklers that I

find to
be so good.

Here t'is:
http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools...kler_prod.html

Hey, that is what we call the Noddy.
Sydney Water sent us one for answering a survey on our tanks.
Great little sprinkler for the tank, you can stick it on and leave

it on
four hours and it hardly uses anywater (well almost). 30 minutes

seems
to wet 1/2" of soil.

Has some major problems
1) must be absolutely level to work mutter mutter mutter.
2) requires a short hose off the tank (~30'), otherwise it needs a

good
height (4'+) in the ground level tank.

"Major" problems? Both these factors are directly related to it's
being a sprinkler specifically designed for low water pressure systems
but I don't consider either of the "problems" you mention to be major
(or minor problems either - it just reflects the design which I
believe works brilliantly).

There are few sprinklers which will work giving more than a dribble on
low pressure so I don't consider either of these things to be a
problem because A) it's easy to get the thing level (use a rock or
twist the hose round - they're so light the hose can turn it off its
base) and
B) Farm/rural low pressure water supply is usually designed to have
more head than you describe - town water tanks are usually not put in
with any consideration of head. These sprinklers are ideal for
rural/farm water supply.

I can use them till my garden tank runs dry and they still give a
decent throw of water.