Old 01-01-2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default i support a moderated rec.ponds

Only you the queen of usenet disruption would know Carol........Your
really the only problem on USENET.....take you out of thre pic and
everything goes back to normal.

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 01:07:20 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
We are going to do everything we can to prevent sock puppets. We
already have some good ideas. Speaking for myself, they will NOT be
tolerated.
You're probably going to have more problems with nym-stealing/impersonations
than you are with sock-puppets if the same few trolls are involved and are
still using Hipcrime. So learning to read headers and checking with NSPs to
make sure they're "legitimate headers" may be necessary when you're in
doubt. The trolls can and will come up with some pretty convincing forged
headers. Just look back over the last few years here.

-------