Old 01-01-2007, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Anyone have any champagne rhubarb seeds?

Farm1 wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

[...]
It isn't so much about climate or temp, as rhubarb is a cool
temperate crop -- they even grow it in the Faroes -- it really is
mainly about the darkness, so they get pure pink tender stems.

But what of the taste? Is it significantly different to the field
grown stuff?

[...]

I've never bought rhubarb in my life, but I imagine it's the same as
home-grown blanched: milder flavour, less acid.

--
Mike.