Old 01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
restrorob restrorob is offline
Registered User

Location: Hole in the woods,Florida. USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Tech
Hi Restrob, Originally yes I did replace those gaskets but not since.
Plug still looks new. What about that third screw on the bottm under
the high low mixture screws ? It is for idle but seems to directly
affect the mixtures because after the overhaul she was racing and I
lowered it and the mixtures went out of wack and needed a reset. What
part does this play is it like the old Carter AFB carb where you had
the big air bleed on the bottom between the mixtures ? Does that screw
control a air bleed ? My car spark tester does not seem to work on
this machine must be different in voltage than a car engines voltage. I
was so furious day before last that I wanted to send it sailing into
the nearest wall.

The idle adjustment screw only regulates the butterfly, Set the hi and low screws where I suggested and try starting it. If it idles too high with the low speed adjuster opened at one turn leave that adjuster alone and only lower the idle screw.

If you still can't get it running properly have a friend snap a picture as it hits the wall and post it here. Then go buy yourself a STIHL and be done with it !!!
__________________
15 yr. Briggs & Stratton Master Service Technician
Kohler Factory Trained
Tecumsea
Honda
Kawasaki