Old 02-01-2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default New to gardening

Raving Monkey wrote:

Hello Gardening Experts!

I am new to gardening and am aiming to try and turn my garden into a
little more ecologically friendly. So I have a couple of questions:

1) I am looking for the contaption I can put food waste into and it
naturally degrades into the garden soil, does anyone know what I am
talking about?
2) I am looking at getting a small green house and want to grow some
'easy' veg/fruit, please can you give me some suggestions as to what
and when I should be planting? I am trying to get my kids involved as
much as I can

Thanks in advance

RM

found this link;
http://www.thinkorganic.info/

I own an Envirocycle I think I bought it from www.yardiac.com . I have
used 'tea' from the base twice so far and look forward to using the
compost (kitchen scraps, shredded bills/computer paper, potting soil
from old/dead plants, fall leaves and garden trimmings) this spring.

There's a LOT of composting info on the web.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)