Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default Proper feeding and care of Trolls

wrote in message
Gill Passman wrote:
[ . . . ]
And yes, on the use of the word "PLONK" - a two finger salute made by
those that deem themselves above saying what they really think using the
anglo-saxon we can all relate to.....PLONK means nothing but everything
at the same time - those that say it have no intention of putting
someone in their kill-files.....as I said, it is a two finger salute put
verbally and slightly more politely than what they really
mean.....resorting to playground tactics when all else fails....now this
is not the fault of these people....the blame lies firmly with those
that introduced these games and those perpetuating them by joining in

Gill, you over generalize. I killfile posters for my convenience.

Exactly! It sure cleans up the NG. :-))

When I
say, "PLONK," it is to let the PLONKEE know that it is senseless to post
anything referring to me, as I will not see it (except as quoted by
someone
I haven't killfiled.

And this is where they "force" us to read the trolls inane trash - they
insist on replying to the known trolls and include the troll's trash in
their replies. Here I think I may be reading something about the new group
to come, how to avoid trolls or maybe, just maybe something about ponds and
I end up seeing the troll's message. I'm trying to see their point in
patronizing the troll and fail totally......... it's pointless and makes our
killfiles almost useless. Not only that, but he knows someone is reading
this "trash" so it encourages him to keep posting and trolling here.

--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.