Old 01-01-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristan Tristan is offline

Default OT - Interesting Binaries.net article on trolls

And so would a show on those that think they know it all and that
they never contributed to the turmoil. Its sure nice to be able to
cut your nose of to spite yuur face like the majority of poster in
this group does........and you are right up there among them Jan. YOu
are all the same. All thats different is the names and locations.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:57:30 GMT, ~ janj wrote:

On 1 Jan 2007 08:53:33 -0800, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:

Does anyone happen to know of and
psychological research on trolls?

I'm quite sure psychologists send their worst patients to usenet. "When you
feel the need to beat or berate your spouse, go to your computer and beat
it out on the keys and berate people you don't know while you visualize
your spouse."

I wish Dr. Phil would take the infamous couple here and do a show, that
would be "entertaining". ;-)

Newsgroup Trolls

What are Newsgroup Trolls?
snip
Trolls like to think they play the role of the Devil's Advocate

Or are just the apparition himself ;-)

Trolls are particularly prevalent in discussion groups on
religion or philosophy or other traditionally controversial topics. A
troll will openly denounce another user's opinion or denounce a
religion that newsgroup users seem to be members of.

Hmmm.... if the shoe fits... ~ jan

-------