Old 01-01-2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Michael[_4_] Michael[_4_] is offline

Default diy lighting

Go with 4 compact fluorescent bulbs (two double bulbs). I assume a 4
ft. length. Use 96 watt bulbs at 6700K and you should be good to go.

wrote:
I got a 75 gallon freshwater thats got a mixture of flourite and gravel
with all live plants.

currently i know i am way under lit...my dad is making me a nice wooden
hood to replace the perfecto light strip.

i want to wire up a better light setup for my live plants and possibly
an LED moonlight setup..

what is the best way setup that i can possibly peice together maybe with
parts from a local home center or LFS???

i am very handy and can wire about anything, however I am not too
familier with the various types of aquaria lighting....nor do i know
what I will need for my 75 gallon tank.

any ideas would be a huge help thanks!!!