Old 01-01-2007, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Hand cream ********

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:26:49 GMT, "MikeCT"
wrote:

"George.com" wrote in a message:
I was working with concrete today so when I came inside I used some cream
on my hands. Reading the back of the tube it listed the ingredients as:
Essential oils, water (so far so good), capric capryllic triglyceride,
cetearyl alcohol & peg-20 stearate, octyl hyrdoxy stearate, propylene
glycol, clyceryl stearate, polysorbate-80 & cetyl acetate & acetylated
lanolic alcohol, phenoxyethanol, ethylparaben & propylparaben &
methylparaben & butylparaben, fragrance, stearic acid, triethanolamine,
carbomer, fd&c yellow no.5.
It then added at the end "Made Naturally". I laughed.
Not much to do with vegetables I know.

----
Quite frightening! Did it make your hands feel any better after application?
Two years ago I bought a job lot of Avon Moisture Therapy Hand Cream
(With Moisturising Lipid Complex) whatever that is. The ingredients aren't
as mind boggling as your cream and, after much previous trial and error with
other makes, I found that the Avon hand cream is really rather good.
I recommend it to you.

MikeCT

I like the Avon one and Lidl do a good cheap one too. I cannot see
the point in paying more.

Pam in Bristol