Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] brucef@eudoramail.com is offline

Default Spinach Yumm Yumm!

Staycalm wrote:
My garden has produced some great spinach the last couple of weeks. So
tender. Tonight we cooked it up starting with some onion and mushroom, fried
in the pan, wild rice/long grain mix (already cooked) and wilted the roughly
chopped spinach and tossed it all together.

Another good recipe for spinach - heat a little olive oil in a pan,
add finely chopped garlic and a few pine nuts and fry until brown
but not burnt. Add roughly chopped spinach and toss until
wilted (put a lid on the pan for a few seconds helps it wilt). Nice
with silverbeet too, which is good because that stuff grows like a
weed and I don't have many recipes for it.