Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default Heirloom tomatoes for Minnesota

simy1 wrote:

I grew Romas for about 5 yrs before. They are smaller, good but not as
good as San M., and the overall yields are similar to San M.. But Roma
is more disease resistant. If you go the heirloom route, you know you
may have to spray them a bit.

I am willing to trade off a bit of spraying to get better taste. If
it's really better.

I'll plant some of my known-good non-heirloom plants too. I suppose
that if the heirlooms yield really well, I'll be wondering what to do
with all the tomoatoes.