Old 03-01-2007, 03:41 AM posted to aus.gardens
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default Crows stealing pebbles

Damn goes to show, crow bait is availalble. No one would have thought.
Here am i writing about sticks and stones. Stone the crows....

Mmm talking about bait, I may try scattering some pebbles around that area
of the yard and put a balloon on a string near the pebbles. Next, place some
drawing pins between the balloon and myself, then pull string when crow is
conveniently close. Watch crows face when balloon bursts. I'm sure the
neighbours already think I'm potty, so it won't make much difference.

I'm tired of running outside and they see me approaching now. My husband
couldn't be bothered anymore after the first few runs. Had a go with a short
burst on the hose but other than there being a hose pipe ban on, it doesn't
reach as far as I'd like it to and there's an obstacle in the way. The crows
have also spotted my hand reaching for the hose just outside the door and
they fly off before I can get the pleasure of squirting them.

Next stop dynamite.