Old 03-01-2007, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
[email protected] BarrReport@gmail.com is offline

Default diy lighting

A&H supply has the 55 w PC lighting kits that are very easy to assemble
a simple box can be made to house things, these fixtures anda
reflectors are well worht the $ and they have great service.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com

wrote:
I got a 75 gallon freshwater thats got a mixture of flourite and gravel
with all live plants.

currently i know i am way under lit...my dad is making me a nice wooden
hood to replace the perfecto light strip.

i want to wire up a better light setup for my live plants and possibly
an LED moonlight setup..

what is the best way setup that i can possibly peice together maybe with
parts from a local home center or LFS???

i am very handy and can wire about anything, however I am not too
familier with the various types of aquaria lighting....nor do i know
what I will need for my 75 gallon tank.

any ideas would be a huge help thanks!!!