Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Crows stealing pebbles

"Cynthia" wrote in message

Damn goes to show, crow bait is availalble. No one would have thought.
Here am i writing about sticks and stones. Stone the crows....

Mmm talking about bait, I may try scattering some pebbles around that area
of the yard and put a balloon on a string near the pebbles. Next, place
some drawing pins between the balloon and myself, then pull string when
crow is conveniently close. Watch crows face when balloon bursts. I'm sure
the neighbours already think I'm potty, so it won't make much difference.

I'm tired of running outside and they see me approaching now. My husband
couldn't be bothered anymore after the first few runs. Had a go with a
short burst on the hose but other than there being a hose pipe ban on, it
doesn't reach as far as I'd like it to and there's an obstacle in the way.
The crows have also spotted my hand reaching for the hose just outside the
door and they fly off before I can get the pleasure of squirting them.

Next stop dynamite.

Hmmm we could go all Mythbusters on this one....a robotic, missile enabled
scarecrow perhaps?