Old 03-01-2007, 09:03 PM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default i wrote...

"gardenlen" wrote in message
that's about it kylie,

been my argument for a long time also, there is no community
re-education on being water-wise being done.

even flushing the toilet at all is in this day and age sheer waste of
a limited resource needed for drinking and food production, there is
absolutely no sense of sustainability in our communities and ther
won't be until the time they turn a tap on and only dust emmits.

and the same with power until they turn a switch and nothing happens
it is all easy come easy go, you can't eat or drink money the sheer
waste of power over this festive season for the absolute folly of the
better than the joneses excercise of christmas light pagents in
private gardens all for the glory of a tin pot award and to get ones'
name mentioned in the media.

oh don't forget the sheer exhobitance of public type toilets running
uncontrolled whilst us home vege' gardeners have to desist from using
water.

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:50:47 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

I'm with you both on this one. Our whole attitude for so long has been 'Just
use, don't think'. This goes for pretty much everything. And people who
rebel and try to do something about it get laughed at for being tree hugging
hippies, and given names like 'ferals'. One day they'll be the only ones
laughing, as they'll be the only ones with their own power from solar
panels, water from tanks and greaywater, and cheap food from sustainable
gardens. I hate having to live the way we do now; renting, house in town,
town water, blah blah blah. One day...we're looking at houses with a bit of
land now. Can't wait....but I am *not* having goats.
We're lucky in Cairns to have plenty of water, but we still have water
restrictions in the garden. Our council seems to be using it's brain in some
things at least, be stupid not too really, considering stuff happening down
south. Now if they'd just get better public transport....