Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Clive Dive Clive Dive is offline

Default Vine weevil?

Well, I did wonder about that one. But the vine took a few weeks to
die and it was not from the bottom up, more like random areas of the
plant, with some areas black and leathery and the others fading to pale
yellow. I know it is a bit hard to pin point as the vine naturally
rambles. Are the 2 that you mention poisonous to animals? I only ask as
we have 3 dogs, and if that was the case then then I feel a 'bricks and
windows' moment coming on. They are particularly dosey and I do not
think they would have it in them really. Any thoughts on a different
type of plant??
Thanks