Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
Staycalm Staycalm is offline

Default Maintaining spinach and rocket crops

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

(i've also ordered n.z.
spinach (warrigal) seeds from digger's, but that's another story).

I did that, thinking it would make a nice ground cover on my native plant
bed.
Well, that's like saying that Hitler would make a nice leader of Germany.
Rampant didn't begin to describe it... it went across the ground, up the
shrubs (I had to rip it off to prevent it strangling them), and now it's
coming up in the vegie patch. And I don't find it palatable.

On the positive side, it is no longer rampant because my chooks love it.
They
are currently free-ranging and will keep it from being completely feral
until
I pop them into their tractor again. I don't know what you'd do if you
don't
have chooks...

I think today's heat has done in the one I was given for Christmas :-(

Liz